Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thankful Thursday




Brrrrr! We have had quite the variation in our weather this week.  It was so nice and spring like with temperatures in the 70s or maybe low 80s earlier this week.  After I got out of Bible study on Tuesday it was so warm.  Then we went to the library.  When we came out I told Titus we need to hurry and get to the van because it looks like it is about to rain.  We got in the van and started to go to lunch before it started POURING.  It was a very hard, long rain.  We met my husband for lunch and he helped us get inside.  He carried Titus under his umbrella, and I used another umbrella.  We were both thankful for umbrellas!  The rain let up for a bit and we started home and the streets were flooded badly.  At one place I had to turn around and go a different route.  It was also much colder by this time as well. 

Wednesday morning we had freezing rain.  School was delayed two hours and then ended up cancelled for the day.  It was cancelled again today.  Now I can hear the ice melting off of our roof. 

The boys have had fun playing in it and we have had a good time mostly relaxing at home.  I got some things done too.

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband being home for part of the time during the ice days. He made it to town for his dentist appointment but then his work office was closed so he came home.  He helped with some chores, cleared off the sidewalk, made supper, etc. 

~ my big boy being at home for two days this week.  I am also thankful he was okay after he broke out in a terrible case of hives Sunday night.  I ended up taking him to the doctor on Monday to see if it was a reaction to his antibiotic.  He had to switch to a different med (which I am also thankful that he was able to swallow those pills).  The doctor thought it was a reaction.

~ hearing my little boy pray for us, for his brother, for things he is thankful for. It is so sweet to hear.

~ visiting with one of my cousins.  We had not seen each other in 5 years.  He went over to my Mom's with two of his daughters.  It was nice to visit.  I am thankful for the things God has done in his life as well and the changed life that he now is.  He gives God all the credit.

~ rest, being home, heaters, fire place, and umbrellas!

~ time to work on my Shutterfly book and getting a ticket for a free book. 

Have a day of blessings! 

   Bethany

No comments: