Thursday, January 4, 2018

A New Year Thankful Thursday

Happy New Year!  I never did get a Thankful Thursday posted last week. I reported to the hospital at 6 a.m. for my surgery on December 28. So this week my thankful list will revolve around my surgery, a hysterectomy.

This week I am thankful for...
~my husband's love and support. He has been my side through all of this from taking me to the pre op appointment, listening to my fears, praying for me,  and then waiting for them to take me to surgery, sleeping in the uncomfortable hospital bed for guests with me two nights, and giving me great care since we've been home. I am still sleeping on the couch and he has slept beside me so he will be near if I need something. I have told him he can go to our bed but he is staying in here. I'm so thankful for him and how he cherishes me.

~ my big boy being concerned and helpful through the surgery.  He brought me flowers and fed me jello in the hospital. Before we left for the hospital, he wrote a "social story" for Titus called "Mommy is going to the hospital." (This was an idea my cousin gave us to help prepare Titus for what we would be doing.). He did a great job creating the little,book for Titus, and it was very effective as well. Now he's back to school, and I miss having him at home.

~ my little guy doing so fabulous through all of this the last week. He woke from his nap with a fever last Tuesday so I called the doctor and got him an appointment for Wednesday morning. He had puss in his ears and the doctor gave us a prescription. We did not end up giving it to him though because he didn't have any more symptoms and was totally fine. He did remarkable staying at the hotel with my Mom and Russell, visiting me at hospital, and being gentle with me when I came home. This is an answer to prayer that he has done so well being away from home and sleeping away from me.

~ the get well wishes I've received in the mail. I was surprised to get one from my husband's coworkers too, that was nice.  Also we've had supper delivered which is a blessing (and yummy).

~ all the help my Mom has been with the boys, preparing us food, and doing laundry.

~ having the surgery behind me and looking forward to feeling better each month. My doctor has been wonderful and so helpful.

Have a day of blessings!

Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((Hugs)) Sorry I didn't read this sooner. Take care.