Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond

1. What's surprised you most about your life or life in general?  One thing that I have been thinking about lately is how things change in life.  I don't do the same things I did five years ago in the "pre-Titus" days. Some of those things I would like to do and figure I will do again one day but not for now.  I have realized that things change as I go through different seasons of life and that is okay.  I don't know if it is a big "surprise" as much as it is a realization of that is where I am right now.   

2.  Sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a baked sweet potato, a bowl of butternut squash soup, a caramel apple or a slice of pumpkin pie...you have to order one thing on this list right now. Which one do you go for?  I have just recently started eating sweet potatoes, like probably in the last year or so. I have never wanted to try them and now really like them! 

3. What's a famous book set in your home state? Have you read it? On a scale of 1-5 (5 is fantastic) how many stars does it rate?  I had to Google this because I know some, but I don't know if they are considered "famous."  My husband said Lonesome Dove which I've never read.   
I know that historical fiction author Karen Witemeyer's books are set in Texas and she has a growing list of books now.  I recommend her if you haven't read one of her books and would give them a 5! 

4. There are 60 days until Christmas...have you started your shopping? How do you stay organized for the holidays?  Yes I have!  I ordered something this week for my older son. I actually bought several things for our younger son at the consignment sale (puzzles, a Fisher Price barn, and ironing board) that we are saving for Christmas gifts.  I figure it is okay to give him "second hand" that are still in great condition.  :)  He is getting a play kitchen too (also second hand!).  I have an idea of something to get my husband but need to do some research for that. 
We have an envelope in which we save money from each pay check for Christmas spending.  The past several years I have shopped online on the "Black Friday" specials. I have certain things I know I want to do that our "traditions."  I make sure to plan for these things, and other things that we do are just "extras" along the way.   

5. October 26th is National Tennessee Day. Have you ever lived or spent any time in Tennessee? Is this a state you'd like to visit one day? The top rated tourist attractions in Tennessee are-

The Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Gatlinburg area), Elvis's Graceland (Memphis), Birth of the Music Biz (Memphis and Nashville), Dollywood (Pigeon Forge), Tennessee's Military Heritage (many battlefields), The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home), The Parthenon (Nashville), Oak Ridge American Museum of Science and Energy, Chattagnooa and the Tennessee Valley Railroad, Downtown Knoxville, Lookout Mountain, The Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge), The Museum of Appalachia (Clinton), and The Lost Sea Adventure (Sweetwater)

How many on this list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?  

Yes, we went to Tennessee for our family vacation in 2014.  It was beautiful, and we all want to go back again. We stayed in a cute little cabin hidden away in a serene mountain area. We loved the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  I haven't been to others on the list.   

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I started this earlier today and finished it tonight.  I'm late posting but wanted to play along this week!  I got to attend a continuing ed class today about coding.  I was clueless!  But the instructor made it fun and interesting for everyone. 

Have a day of blessings! 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I really love baked sweet potatoes. I also make treat for our dog. I haven't read Lonesome Dove but have seen the TV mini series. I love that you are getting a play kitchen and ironing board. You know mother did all of my ironing and it was my husband who taught me to iron! Glad you played along today!