1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
I love Mexican food! Our son Caleb does not so we usually pick Mexican when we go on a date night. Or if we go to a place like Rosas we stop to get him a sandwich somewhere else.
Chicken enchiladas are my favorite, but chicken fajitas are a close second. I usually get refried beans and rice for my sides. I don't do hot so I stick with mild. I don't have any plans to celebrate right now!
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish? No I have not been to Mexico and don't have any plans to visit. I took three years of Spanish in high school so know a few words but couldn't speak it well.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month? I will finish listening to the audio version of Stephen Curtis Chapman's new book called Between Heaven and the Real World. I have been a fan of his for many years and have thoroughly enjoyed this book. I borrowed it through Hoopla through my library and listen at home while doing laundry, etc. It is about 12 hours I believe, longer than most I listen to. I am nearing the end of it.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered? I'd like to see more citizens get involved with the city government. Right now it seems people don't care or have a clue what is happening and being approved. I served on the school board of a small private school and have thought I'd like to eventually run for school board. Who knows if I ever will or if I'd be elected!
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get? I don't get ladies wearing workout pants all the time and especially when the shirt doesn't cover their bottom. I see it every time I am out, and I just don't get it.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land? Definitely a 1! I've never seen anything Star Wars related.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time? What a fun question! Here is a link to my fourth blog post. I wrote about enjoying "stay home days" and yes that is still very true for me. I do not like to be gone from home every day of the week.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well I looked back and see that 3-25-15 was my last time to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Titus was born 4-12-15. I have not blogged much since then except for Thankful Thursday and book reviews. I don't know when I will participate again but am glad I could this week! Thanks for stopping by!
Have a day of blessings! Bethany