Friday, October 21, 2016

Children's book: Hail to the Chief




Our country's election is right around the corner.  We have had some amazing Presidents through our country's histroy and this book is a fun way to introduce children to some of them.  Let me tell you a little bit about a wonderful children's book called Hail to the Chief by Callista Gingrich and illustrated by Susan Arciero.

This book is part of the "Ellis the Elephant" series.  I reviewed another book about this cute elephant here.

In this book Ellis meets some of our presidents along with a few facts about what they did during their presidency.

The illustrations are adorable, and I felt the presidents were very recognizable even though they were cartoons.  I love the rhyming text.  That makes it really appealing to me, and I think that it will make it more interesting for children to pay attention and learn from this book.  This would make a wonderful addition to your classroom library for an America unit or when you study Presidents in February.

I received this book from the publisher for my review.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: