Friday, September 9, 2016

Amish Friends Harvest Cookbook


I have always enjoyed looking at cookbooks.  I was pleased to receive this book for my review and couldn't begin browsing through the pages.  The pictures are so pretty and add to the enjoyment of this book.

The book begins with some practical tips and advice for gardening.  I found these very interesting to read and felt it gave me a glimpse into the Amish lifestyle.  Following this is the recipes which are divided into categories.  There is such a wide variety of recipes here that I have never heard of or tried.  Many of them look rather easy to complete. I saw some I will be able to try out for my family and the local fair.

It made me smile to see the recipe for fried flower blossoms.  We had these when we visited family in Iowa one summer.

This book came out in August and would be a nice gift for someone in your life who enjoys cooking.

Thank you to the author and publisher for sending me a copy of this for my honest review.

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: