Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thankful Thursday

Today has been a nice day spent at home for the most part with my boys.  It was Caleb's first day of summer vacation! Hooray!  We did a few chores and watched a game show and played on the porch and had freezer pops.  I love my boys and seeing them together!

This week I am thankful for...
~ nearly 15 years of marriage to my husband....that will be a post next Thursday on our anniversary!

~ going to my boy's band concert.  It had to be rescheduled so I was glad they got to have it last night.  It was fun to hear the different school bands.  Caleb has learned so much this year and done well on the trumpet.  We are proud of his interest and the way he's progressed.

~ watching my baby boy eat.  He likes to eat!  He comes running when he hears us open the fridge.  When we put him in his chair and he sees us preparing food, he will start saying his word for "Amen."  It is the cutest thing. He loves food!  And he likes pretty much whatever we give him.  He does pick out the carrots from mixed vegetables and throw them on the floor sometimes.  It made me laugh to watch him tonight look at his choices when I sat his plate on his tray.  The first thing he picked up to eat was lima beans out of the mixed vegetables.

~ Caleb's teachers. He had a really good set of teachers and seemed to really like their classes for the most part.

~ safety today for so many I know in big and small ways. It seemed like all day around me I was aware of how God was protecting people.

~ making a schedule for June with Caleb while Titus napped. I thought it was fun to do together to plan out the month of some activities and chores.

What is on your thankful list today?

Have a day of blessings!
 

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's wonderful that Caleb plays the trumpet in the school band. I was always in choir, but I enjoy the band and orchestra concerts. I'm with Titus: Amen! I love to eat too. Was just thinking what a blessing to have the summer crops coming in. Strawberry pickin' time here:)