Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thankful Thursday


Marsha's Musings

Summer is nearing a close for us.  We have next week off and then school starting the following Monday.

This past week since last Thankful Thursday has been filled with celebrating our boy's 11th birthday. We had a family party at our house on Saturday.  Caleb picks a theme every year for his party.  This year the theme was outdoors/hunting/fishing.  I'll have to hopefully sometime do a post with the cake and cute decorations and food related to the theme.  Tuesday night we surprised him by going to play putt putt.  He'd mentioned he would like to do this for his birthday so we surprised him and went in the evening when it wasn't quite so hot out.  Yesterday was his actual birthday. We had our traditional family fun day with Caleb picking where we eat and some activities to do. He had Academy gift cards so he wanted to look there. We went bowling also, and he and Daddy drove go carts.  It was a fun day together!

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband taking off a day of work in the middle of the week to have our traditional family day on Caleb's birthday.

~ being Caleb's Mom and the blessing he is to me and our family.  I'm proud of him.

~ Titus doing so well on our busy day Wednesday.  I wasn't sure how it would work with being out so long. We thawed some milk I'd pumped for bottles, and he was in a good mood all day.

~ seeing our family for the party.

~ air conditioning on hot days. I'm sure I say this often, but I don't want to take it for granted that we have working A/C in our home and vehicles.  It is typical Texas in August.  I saw an article about some local organizations needing fans to give the elderly which reminded me that everyone does not have a cool place on the hot days.

~ slowly getting rid of some things.  We have several areas we need to go through (garage, sheds, closet, etc.). It is a slow process but we make progress a little at a time.  It's nice to get rid of stuff we don't need.

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment: