Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lift the Flap Bible

I was so excited to be able to review this book called Lift the Flap Bible by Karen Williamson and illustrated by Louise Anglicas.  My son always enjoyed "lift the flap" books when he was a toddler, and I thought this one would be great to have for our new baby!

About the book:
What's under the flaps? Find out in this collection of eight very simple Bible stories in a large cased board book format. Each story is told across a double-page spread and there are flaps on every page. Bright, quirky illustrations full of wit and color from Louise Anglicas are perfect for this engaging introduction to Bible stories. Stories are: Noah and the Ark, Moses and the Bulrushes, Daniel and the Lions, Jonah and the Great Fish, Born in a Stable, Boy with Loaves and Fishes, The Lost Sheep, and Man Lowered Through the Roof.

My thoughts:
I thought this was a great little book. The pages are large and I liked that the flaps were big pictures. There are about 3-4 flaps per story.  The art work and pictures are wonderful.  I always like it when books for young children have bright, colorful images of "extras" like birds, animals, flowers, etc. that you can use to identify colors, shapes, etc. as you read the book. The stories that are included are biblical favorites, and only minimal text is used with the pictures.

This book was sent to me by Kregel for my honest review. Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: