Monday, December 22, 2014

Missing you Peepaw

On this day I am remembering Peepaw.  This is the day he passed away in 2005.

I have been thinking about him a lot lately and missing him.  He's been in my dreams often it seems. I have so many wonderful memories and so many things make me think of him.  I'm blessed to have these memories and that Caleb got to know him for a short time too.  He made such a difference in my life with his love and support.

I will always miss his calls and going to get ice cream with him.  Sometimes I imagine that I hear him pounding on the front door on Saturday mornings when I'm sleeping late as he did so many mornings when I lived at home.  As Christmas approaches I will always remember that morning that we put up a few decorations in his hospital room.  It was the last time I saw him, he passed away that evening.  

I am blessed for the memories we shared and that he was my Peepaw.

Have a day of blessings!