Wednesday, September 10, 2014
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? Always remembering that day, where I was, and how it changed so much about our country. On a webinar I did see a recommendation of a children's book related to this day which I found at our library. It's called 14 Cows for America. Interesting story.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phone book? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? I don't listen to a radio except in the car. We do still have a VCR but I don't remember the last time we played a tape. I do use a phone book to look up local numbers. We don't use a paper map while driving. I set my alarm on my iPad.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I'd guess probably not under most circumstances.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? I can't think of any dishes that fall into this category.
5. What's something you know nothing about? So many things could answer this question. One would be how the internet works.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? It's not my preference, I do not enjoy it much.
7. What's the oldest thing you own? The first thing that comes to mind is an old spoon given to me by my great grandmother. She gave it to me when she was living and wrote about it on a piece of paper. I keep it in a bag in my hope chest.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have started up the Secret Sister program again for the fall at our church. Last Sunday we drew names. It is a fun program, and we've grown closer to one another because of this.
Have a day of blessings!