Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thankful Thursday

We are home now after going on a short trip with my husband who was travelling for business.  We enjoyed our time at the hotel and visiting with friends.  We got home in time to unload and get ready for "Meet the Teacher."  We already knew all the 5th grade teachers but of course wanted to find out who would be Caleb's homeroom teacher.  He was excited for who he got.  He will have six different classes this year and knows all of the teachers from being on the same campus last year. 

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband working hard and for how he handles all the things he deals with on a daily basis.  He always amazes me with his knowledge about all of the projects they are working to fund and how he is dedicated to trying all he can to get the projects completed. 

~ enjoying the time with my boy while we were away this week.  We had some relaxing time which was nice because we weren't at home doing our normal chores and routine.  It was a nice break.  I can catch up on that next week.  :)  He got to enjoy the hotel pool too.

~ seeing old friends.  When Caleb knew we would be going on this trip, he asked to see one of his former classmates so we were able to meet up with her.  They are still pen pals and I was glad they could visit in person.  Also I got to eat lunch with my best friend too.  I miss eating with her as we used to do on a weekly basis! 

~ finding new shoes for school.  We had looked at a bunch of places, and Caleb did not like something about the ones we saw.  This past weekend though we found a pair he liked.  Then I came across a camo pair of tennis shoes online and was able to get those for him this week too. 

~ the wonderful news of Dr. Kent Brantley's release from the hospital.  I'm thankful for the answers to many prayers for him and his coworker. 

Be thankful!

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love traveling with my husband and staying in hotels! How great that Caleb got to meet up with a former friend. How sweet that they are pen pals. Have a nice weekend.

Karen said...

Glad you had a nice trip before school starts back. I know Caleb will enjoy 5th grade!