Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thankful Thursday

The last Thursday of May....I always have mixed emotions at this time of year as summer is coming and the school year is ending.  I know with the coming of summer comes having my boy home with me...I've been counting down how many more grocery store trips I have until he gets to be with me! And library trips and sleeping late and pajama days!   We have many fun things planned for summer. I know also that it will go so fast and by the end of the summer I will have a 10 year old heading to 5th grade!  I can't believe it!  I was getting end of year teacher gifts ready and thinking how I will be feeling this time next year doing the same thing.

This week I am thankful for...
~ celebrating marriage to my wonderful husband.  Our 13th anniversary is coming on Monday!  I love him so much and am so thankful for him and the blessing it is to be his wife.

~ hearing my boy and how the things he says blesses my heart.  He makes me laugh by his random statements at times and other times I pause and say wow!  I'm so glad I'm his Mom!

~ an enjoyable time camping with some of our family at the river.  The river was the lowest my father in law had ever remember seeing it.  Then while we were there we got some beautiful rain.  Our tent started leaking Sunday morning but not too bad by the time we got up.  We came home Sunday night. And then Monday slept late and did laundry and put stuff up before seeing my Dad. 

~ the lyrics of the song "Miracle of the Moment" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  This song came on iTunes radio and blessed me to hear them again.

~ seeing some growth in our little garden.  We have picked two tomatoes so far.  :) 

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Have a very blessed Anniversary. Enjoy your summer.