Wednesday, February 26, 2014
1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?
Finding out I was pregnant and then having my 2nd miscarriage
2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that??
It's hard to think of one I've never done. I was going to say mowing the yard or cleaning off the ceiling fan blades, but I've done that in the past. Probably something with the vehicles because I don't do any of those things!
3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain? Both play a part I think. We are each born with unique personalities. Those are evident when we are born and develop over time. As parents I can see where we try to influence a child's personality through nurturing to try to lead our children to use their personalities positively. From a teacher perspective I could tell when that was absent.
4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick? Hmmmmm, this makes me think of fair food. I like cotton candy. The last one we got at a carnival was on a stick.
5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?It's hard to choose one because they are all so wonderful. My first thought is vision. A character in a book I recently read was going blind, and I just couldn't imagine how difficult that would be to have enjoyed her sight and then for it to be slipping away a little each day. I am thankful for my sight and having glasses/contacts to help me see things more clearly.
6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?
When I was in high school I went with my high school choir twice to NYC, and we sang in Carnegie Hall. That was pretty great, just to say I've been there, it was an amazing experience. I don't go to many sporting events, but we did go to Cowboys stadium two times to watch ACU play and that was a pretty neat place to see in person.
7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.You've been busy and fun!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It has been a while since I've joined in the Hodgepodge. I've been keeping busy with various volunteer projects at school. The year is going quickly.
Have a day of blessings!