Wednesday, July 10, 2013
1. What's something people might ask you for help with? watching their kids, volunteering for something at the school or church
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with? crafts or cooking questions. I often call my Mom to ask her a question about cooking.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child? Yes, we would always do something. Most of the time we stayed in Texas but one year we went to Missouri and Iowa. We went to the Precious Moments Chapel. Other years we would go stay in a cabin at the state park or go to an amusement park with cousins. I enjoy going on vacations now with my family. The past two years we have stayed in Texas to go to places Caleb wanted to see....last year the Alamo and this year the USS Lexington.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day? I'd prefer the pool if I'm getting in the water. If I'm sitting there watching I'd prefer the ocean, I like the sound of the waves.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing? I've never heard this expression.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list? I don't like liver, beets, or mushrooms from this list.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town? I have recently enjoyed reading the books by Marybeth Whalen. One is called The Mailbox and another is The Guest Book. (click the title for my reviews of these books)
8. Insert your own random thought here. We are having an enjoyable week. Caleb is attending an art camp from 9-12 every morning. I have found errands to do while he is at the camp or wait for him at the library. He is having a fun time and I'm glad he can attend!
Have a day of blessings!