Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 Book #24: The Mailbox

I have finished reading The Mailbox by Marybeth Whalen.

As a teenager on vacation, Lindsey started writing letters to the "Kindred Spirit" at the mailbox on Sunset Beach. It turned into a yearly tradition for her. Now 20 years later she is visiting Sunset Beach again for the first time since her husband left her and their kids. Lindsey's first love Campbell still lives at Sunset Beach and she encounters him on her vacation. She isn't sure she can trust him because of how he acted in the past, and he is working on building his relationship with his teenage daughter.

When I got the information about this new book, I thought it sounded interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Mailbox. It is a great book to read in the summer too since it is about summer vacations. This is a touching story of forgiveness and second chances. I like the book cover too!

Thank you to the Karen Davis at The B & B Media Group for sending me a review copy.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Just scheduled my review for tomorrow. Great summer read!

Denise said...

Sounds great.