Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 Book #25: Growing Grateful Kids

I finished a book I've been reading on and off for a while called Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson.

This is a book that gives ideas of ways for parents to teach their children to appreciate what they have even in the midst of our materialistic world. One of the important things I saw over and over is that "We can't impart something we do not possess." So if we want our children to be grateful, we have to be in check on our own attitudes and behaviors. The author shares stories from her sons' younger days to give examples of teaching gratefulness.

Each chapter begins with a verse and quotation. Then at the end of the chapters the author has a personal application, personal application and a prayer.

This is an enjoyable book to read and I found it helpful as a parent.

I received this book for being part of the Hearts at Home blogger program

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Sounds like a great book for parents!! I will have to check it out!!

Love and Blessings