1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts? Yes I have filled out comment cards, not every time I eat though. One time I filled out one at Rosa's, and they sent me coupons in the mail for free stuff.
I normally don't do the ones on the bottom of the receipts. There are some I do though (like at Schlotzsky's and Sonic). They give codes for free stuff and the survey is short.
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts? This brings up a lot of questions in my mind. There are many ways for women to serve. In our society it seems often that women want to be equal with me or many women have the idea that men and women are the same in every regard. Really we are not; we are unique in our strengths and weaknesses. Not sure if the front lines are really the place for women to serve.
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title? I looked back through a few pages. I found one from long ago I'd forgotten about called A chicken with leaves. It made me laugh to read and remember.
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
I think overly permissive can cause lots of trouble and that would be my first answer. But overly protective can backfire and cause problems too.
I'd say my parents were more protective. I was never one to test authority though. I feel they trusted me and I wanted to obey them and figured they had a reason for what I could or couldn't do.
I'm probably too protective. As my boy has gotten older I have seen myself relax about some things. There are still some things I'm just not comfortable with him doing because of the dangers of the society.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite? Candlelight in a dark room
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain. I have never liked any Seuss book. I love books though. I had lots of Golden Books. Some I remember:
7. To quote Dr. Seuss..."From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere." from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
Have a day of blessings!