Monday, February 4, 2013

Unglued Devotional


Are you familiar with Lysa TerKeurst?  She is the President of Proverbs 31 Ministries.  I read her other book Made to Crave.  I had heard about her new book Unglued but have not read it.  Today I'd like to share with you the Unglued Devotional.

About the book:
God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it!
Lysa TerKeurst admits that she, like most women, have experiences where others bump into her happy and she comes emotionally unglued. We stuff, we explode, or react somewhere in between.
What do we do with these raw emotions? Is it really possible to make emotions work for us instead of against us?

My thoughts:
This book has 60 devotionals that are a 2-3 pages each.  They are easy to read in a short amount of time and are extremely relevant for every day life.  I like the idea the author presents that we are not going to be perfect but that we can make "imperfect progress."  I recommend this book to you.  The devotionals here made me think about my own reactions to situations in our home and in relationships.  I also enjoyed how each devotional had a "thought for the day."  I hope you will check this out and be encouraged as I was. 

Thank you to Zondervan for providing this book for my honest review.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: