Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. The popular saying, 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?  I'd say no.  I don't really have a reason.

2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
  Yes!  I enjoy a bowl of cereal every now and then when I have fresh milk.  I like Lucky Charms.  As a kid I remember liking Cookie Crisp. 

3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.  A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).  Well I personally think guns should not be toys.  Period.  A ten day suspension seems extreme for a 5 year old and a bubble gun. However, my question is why would a 5 year old even tell someone she was going to shoot them.  To me that isn't something to say, joking or not, bubbles or not.  And it just shows how our society is that a child would talk about shooting someone else.       

4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?

"predictability, the milk man the paper boy, evening TV."  This is from the theme song for "Full House."

5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to? I mostly like my handwriting but think my Mom has the best handwriting font!  I do a mixture of print and cursive.  The last thing I signed was Caleb's reading log for homework. 

6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?   No I have never been.  I've never really thought about going there actually.

7. Share something funny you've heard a child say. There are so many I could put.  One that made me laugh yesterday was when Caleb was saying "oxi clean."  He was just randomly saying this word in a funny voice for no reason.  He said he saw it on the jar and had heard it on a commercial and just liked saying it.  So it made it funny for him to say over and over!

8. Insert your own random thought here.I have a double book giveaway.  Go to this post to enter.   

Have a day of blessings!

7 comments:

April said...

My girls love Cookie Crisp. As much as I love chocolate chip cookies, you'd think I would, too, but I don't care for it.

Theresa said...

Oh, I remember Cookie Crisp. I loved that one, along with Fruity Pebbles and Trix. Now I try to only buy "healthy" cereals except for a rare treat :)

Stacy said...

I knew that's what it was before I read the answer to #4! Do I get a gold star for today? :)

Love Bears All Things said...

I liked your answers.
Mama Bear

retired not tired said...

Kids catch onto certain words and phrases. I love it.

Anonymous said...

full house theme song! love it.

https://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/

sister sheri said...

Love it when our kiddos make us laugh!