1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru.... Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.Some of these I have not even heard. The one I'm tired of hearing is fiscal cliff.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping? I used to eat bagels for breakfast when I was in college. From my memory it seems I would mostly blueberry with cream cheese. It seems like there was some kind with chocolate or chocolate chips...or maybe I just wished there was. ;)
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose? This would be a hard choice for me. Maybe an old favorite from my childhood like The Parent Trap or Annie.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children? Hmmmm, I have not heard about this. As a teacher my first response is that I would not want only one gender in my classroom. As a parent I don't think I'd want this for my son. There are so many various factors I'd have to consider. I will look forward to reading others' opinions on this.
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel? Staying at one with an indoor pool and seeing Caleb swim. I don't like swimming much but might sit in the hot tub for a while. Oh and not having the same responsibilities I have at home.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice? No, I didn't choose a word. I have enjoyed reading all the blog posts and the reasons people gave for their choices.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tuesday night on Facebook I saw a link on pages of both MaryBeth Chapman and Casting Crowns for a live stream of a program called "A Night of Hope & Healing." It was done in honor of Sandy Hook. It was such a blessing to listen to both the songs and the speakers. I pray many lives were touched because of this, both those from Connecticut and others who watched. We need to remember to continue praying for all those who are grieving after this awful tragedy.
Have a day of blessings!