Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This month we are linking up for Thankful Thursday at Women Taking a Stand.  Join us!

I have been thinking of my thankful post.  I liked what Laurie wrote on her post today about thankfulness not being about just one day of the week but rather a heart condition.  That is so true.

While my heart is sad today due to the death of my Meemaw on the first day of this year, I am thankful for so much. Thankful for the time we had with her recently at Christmas and talking to her on Christmas Day.  Thankful that she loved where she was at and that she had been healthy without sickness for the most part.  Thankful that she did not suffer before she passed away.  Thankful that we were able to go be with my Mom for a day....

Other things I am thankful for this week include...
~ my wonderful husband.  I just love him so much and appreciate his care and concern for me this week.  After my Mom called and told us of Meemaw's passing, I was so upset and trying to think clearly to figure out what to do.  I told him I know you have to work tomorrow, but I feel I need to go see my Mom.  He said that he had already emailed his boss that he needed Wednesday off.  I don't know when he even did this, but I was so touched he had already taken care of it.  He takes such good care of me. 

~ my sweet boy.  He is also saddened by our loss.  He has shared memories of Meemaw with us, and I'm thankful he knew her.  And he has talked to us of what he thinks Heaven is like which is touching.

~ the perfect stay home day I had on Monday with my boy.  My husband had gone back to work, and I enjoyed a day at home in pajamas with Caleb, like the "good ol' days" as Caleb said.  I am so glad I did this Monday since we ended up being gone Wednesday.  It was such a nice day together staying in our pajamas having fun (but he also helped me with chores too). 

~ finishing my continuing education class.  I needed to have it done by the Friday deadline.  I had just finished it on Tuesday when my Mom called us.  I am so glad I got it done to get my 24 continuing ed. hours.  And it was free!  It was a very enjoyable class on Singapore Math. 

~ all the sweet emails and encouragement we've received this week.  It is nice for people to care. 

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Madonna said...

I am so sorry on the death of your grandmother. My grandmother raised me and even though she has been gone 10 years now not one moment goes by that I don't miss her. I can't wait to be reunited on Heaven's shores. Praying the rest of the year gets better for you.