Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Each time I type that title I am afraid I'm going to misspell it!  Welcome back for another week of Wednesday Hodgepodge, today on 12-12-12.  I have enjoyed participating these past few weeks and enjoy thinking about my answers to the questions.


1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?  I walked around at the deer lease in November, not really the woods though.  I don't remember the last time I've been to the beach....maybe when Caleb was 2.   

A recent walk I do remember was one weekend it had been raining all day.  It had been so long since it had rained like that.  When the rain stopped in the evening, we took a walk around our neighborhood together with Caleb riding his bike back and forth through the puddles. 
 
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?  Yes I send Christmas cards.  I have not sent ours  yet this year but plan to do that this week actually.  Normally I send around 60 cards with a typed letter about our year and include a family photo.  I am not sure if I am doing a letter this year.  I usually have a "theme" from the year in mind and do not have one yet this year so I am thinking I may not do my normal letter. That feels kind of weird for me, and I wonder if anyone would even notice for me not to do it.

This is how I display the cards we receive.  My cousin made one of these boards last year and posted it on Facebook.  I copied her idea.  When it got full last year I started putting them on our hallway closet door.  My Mom and I made one this year for my Meemaw to hang on her door.  It had red material and a snowflake bow.  These are very easy to make. 
   

3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?  killed....It makes me sad to hear of those killed because of the shooting in the mall this week and the death of the Cowboys football player in the car with his teammate who they say was intoxicated.
  4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?  Yes I love drinking hot cocoa, plain with marshmallows. 

5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season? I plan what needs to be done and do what I enjoy doing and don't add things to the calendar just to do them because "every one else does it." 

6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
I knew my answer immediately when I read this question.  I received this ornament last week as a gift from one of the ladies at our church.  It has little bells in it as well that have a soft jingle when you shake the ornament.  I just loved it and was excited to put it on our tree. 

7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
      Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
      Let earth receive her King;
      Let every heart prepare Him room......

      And Heaven and nature sing,
      And Heaven and nature sing,
      And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am taking an online class for my continuing education credits to keep my teaching certificate. I have a free gift certificate I received from a class I attended while I was teaching.   I chose one on Singapore Math.  It is SO interesting and just  makes so much sense to do math this way.  So far I've had lessons on number sense, addition, and subtraction.  Next comes multiplication and division. 

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Lighthousegal said...

I bet your son had so much fun riding through those puddles. I know when my son was little he loved riding anything through the puddles.
I love your bell ornament, it is so cute and sparkly!

Kara said...

What a cute way to display your cards. I love it! :) I picked Joy to the World also. Such a beautiful reminder of what Christmas is about and what's to come in the future. :) Glad you're enjoying your class. Math was one of my hardest subjects in school, taking a class now doesn't sound fun to me at all. :D

Joyce said...

I love your Noel ornament : )