Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
At our house we have simple red stockings with our name embroidered on the white part.  As a child my Mom always fixed a full stocking for me so I always try to make a full one for Caleb. I found my stash of stuff I have picked up for his and was surprised at how much I already have.  For his first Christmas I decided I wanted there to be certain things that were in it each year.  Those things are an apple, toothbrush, and book.  When he was a baby I put a jar of baby food applesauce I think.  I have continued this and add more stuff too.  My husband and I do stockings for each other too.   We open our stockings first before opening our presents.  My Mom has stockings for all of us at her house too.  She knows I like a full stocking. : )   

2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
I would say about 8 hours.  That varies if Caleb gets up in the night as he sometimes is when he gets too hot or cold or with a bad dream. I normally feel rested.  If I have several late nights and early mornings I can tell when it catches up with me and I get grouchy. 

3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
If I got to choose I could give up my happy hour drinks or slushes from Sonic.  I go at lease once a week, sometimes more. 

4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
No, I don't follow their news. 

5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
The first thing that came to mind was laughter.  Children need to be able to laugh and not worry about life.  Too many kids today do not have that in their lives. 

6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?Well I don't like how fruit cake looks.  I can remember only one time trying a bite.
My favorite dessert made with fruit is frozen strawberry pie. 

7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?I have a couple books I need to finish to review on my blog. That's what I thought of besides the Christmas stuff I want to get done.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have not decorated yet for Christmas.  Last weekend my husband and son did get the stuff out of the attic so it is taking up part of the garage now.  Maybe this weekend we will get our tree put up. It hasn't really felt like Christmas to me.  I guess that is because of 70/80 degree days we have been having.  It sure has been nice outside!

Have a day of blessings!

7 comments:

April said...

Laughter was my choice, too! We've had our share of warm weather here!

Hootin Anni said...

Y'know, I've been wanting to try Sonic's slushies, but never have. Now that brings my question: Do they have cherry? I love cherry slushes...and it has to be a tart cherry flavor. If they do, I'll be there in a flash!!!

I loved the part where you put baby applesauce in Caleb's 1st Christmas stocking and continue to do the tradition of fruit each year. Sweet.

Today it's not so bad temp-wise, but we too have had those 80 degree daytime temps. I don't like it. It should be a lot cooler.

Theresa said...

We just decorated yesterday but don't have our tree up yet. We have to wait since we get a real tree and don't want it to dry out. Sonic always sounds so good but I've never been there. I found out there is one about 30 minutes from here and need to try it. A vanilla coke sounds good right now ;)

Kara said...

I agree, way too many children don't laugh much these days. And laughter is so important! Hope you are able to get your reviews done. I'll be on the lookout for them. :) I can see where a 70/80 degree day wouldn't feel Christmasy. One year when I visited mom and dad in VA it was that temp. and it did not feel like Christmas at all. December should feel at least chilly if not cold. At least that's my opinion. :)

Marla said...

I'd like to get some more reading done before the end of the year too. It's so hard to find the time (or to not feel guilty about taking the time) to read during the holiday season.

bp said...

Hootin Anni.....I don't know if they have cherry slushes, they have cherry limeades though. I never get cherry, I prefer strawberry!

Joyce said...

I like it cold in December (although I'd be happy if Spring came in February)...we have freezing temps and a chance of snow this week and my house is mostly decorated so its feeling Christmasy. I still like a full stocking too : )