Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Do you have a lot of Facebook friends who are keeping a list this month of something they are thankful for each day?  I enjoy reading the blessings that others have in their lives.  I'm glad so many are participating.

Today I am thankful for...
~  my sweet husband and the little things he does to make me smile.  It makes me smile just to think of all the things he does.

~ my sweet, funny boy.  This morning I asked him to turn off the alarm on my iPod when I heard it beeping.  He took a while and didn't want me to see what he was doing.  Later after I took him to school I looked to see what he had done.  He had typed me a funny note on the iPod that made me laugh.  I loved the big hug he gave me this morning too when I woke him up.

~ going with my boys to the deer lease.  I didn't hunt; I just sat and read mostly (and finished a wonderful Karen Kingsbury book called Coming Home.  This may be one of my favorites that I've read of hers.)  It was nice to be out away from the normal life and enjoy the peacefulness.

~ finding some continuing ed hours for my teacher certification.  As a teacher I need 150 hours of continuing education every five years.  My second set of five years is almost up.  I need a few more hours.  I was thankful this week to remember I had a gift certificate for a free class that I received at a conference years ago.  I contacted them and they said I could use it to complete a class online. 

~ music.  Several songs I have heard have really blessed me lately. 
Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

I am posting one thing I am thankful for each day on my Facebook page. We have so many blessings in our lives. I want to begin keeping a regular journal!