Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1 Thankful Thursday

Happy November!  I always like the first day of the month, changing the calendars and thinking ahead to our plans.  I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and the upcoming holiday season. 

The past few years I have participated in the "Giving Thanks Challenge" for the month of November.  I have not yet seen a post about this on the blog that normally does this.  I will be keeping a list in my side bar and on Facebook of one thing that I am thankful for each day. 

Today I am thankful for...

~ my sweet husband and the amazing Daddy he is to our boy.  They have a special relationship, and it always blesses my heart to see them develop that close bond. 

~ my sweet boy being alright after a scary time for me as a Mom after school Tuesday.  He was having trouble breathing, and we took him to the clinic.  He has allergy induced asthma but has never reacted like this so suddenly before.  The doctor examined him and found he had strep throat; the infection caused the asthma problem.  I had not seen any symptoms of strep either.  He is fine and we are thankful!

~  a wonderful family lesson my husband did using the seeds in the pumpkin before we (they) carved it. 

~ going to see my Meemaw as she had to be hospitalized last weekend to get blood.  She was in good spirits, and it was nice to see her for a while.  Please keep her in your prayers as decisions are made regarding what to do next.

~ having such an enjoyable time last Friday night with ladies from our church.  We ate a yummy supper, played a fun "ice breaker" game, and then shared about the way Christian women should be clothed....like with compassion, forgiveness, thankfulness, love, etc. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: