Monday, October 29, 2012

Audio book: Finding God in The Hunger Games


I have finished listening to a book called Finding God in The Hunger Games by Ken Gire and read by David Cochran Heath.  You can see the book here.

I have not read or watched The Hunger Games so on one hand it was interesting to me to hear this book and learn a little bit of the background of the popular book/movie.  The author looks to find any comparisons that can be made between God and the characters of The Hunger Games. He explores why a book of this type was written, why it was so popular in today's culture, and what people are searching for.  However, I thought it was odd that he wrote a book with this title after saying in the book that he couldn't find God in The Hunger Games.  This was a very short book, and I wondered if some of the topics could have been examined in more depth.  I don't really have anything against the book; it will not, however, be on the list of the best, most interesting books I have read.

The narrator David Cochran Heath did a good job, and I had no problem listening to him read.

This audio book was provided to me by christianaudio Reviewers Program for my honest review.
 
Have a day of blessings!

No comments: