Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am late in getting up my Thankful Thursday post this morning compared to the last few Fridays.  I've been working on other things at home. We have a small grocery store here in our town that I like to go to every now and then after I take my boy to school.  I looked at their new ad for this week and saw some things on sale so I went this morning.  I'm glad we have this little store so close by.  I am able to get discounted meat often there.  I cook the beef and freeze it to use later in our meals.  Today they also had a nice roast in the reduced tray so I got it for our supper tonight.

What are you thankful for today?  Here is my list...
~ my husband who works so hard.  I have said this before, but truly I am grateful for his work for our family.  Some days he comes home stressed.  It is not often that he is made to feel appreciated in his work.  Caleb and I try to celebrate him and show him our appreciation so he will know we notice what he is doing. 

~ my boy's excitement as he told me about his day when they got to go to the science lab.  Hearing his stories makes me thankful to be able to be a stay at home Mom.  He is a blessing!

~ great programs to listen to online.  This week I have listened to several as I've been home including Grace Cafe and Focus on the Family.  Both have had wonderful programs this week that I've enjoyed.

~ the fun time we had together last weekend at the ACU football game. 

~ ears to hear.....things I've noticed this week that I've heard:  my boy's laugh, my husband saying my name, birds outside, lawn mowers, songs of praise.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: