Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It is a rainy Thursday morning here.  It has been raining over an hour, and it is so dark outside too.  I told Caleb as I took him to school it made me want to go crawl back in bed.  I'm thankful for my car being in the garage so we did not have to get in the rain to get to school and also that the walkway up to the school is covered all the way so Caleb didn't have to get wet either. 

Today I am thankful for so many things.
~ the connection I have with my husband.  Several times the past few days I've noticed we are thinking the same thing at the same time, where he says what I was thinking about.  Or I pick up the phone to call to ask him something after work and as I pick it up it is ringing because he is calling to ask me about the same thing. 

~ the confidence my sweet boy has.  He is in 4-H this year.  Last year we went to the meetings and he participated in some events as a "Clover Kid."  This year he is old enough to join.  He knew they were having officer elections and said he wanted to be secretary.  At the meeting the leader was talking about the offices and asked if anyone had any nominations.  He nominated himself.  No one else was nominated so he got the office.  He also shared about his photography project when she asked for volunteers.  I am thankful for his confidence and how he share his ideas. 

~ encouraging time Monday evening at our monthly Bible study.  The ladies of our church gather once a month.  I always enjoy getting together with them.  After having a headache Monday afternoon I wasn't sure I would feel up to going but I did and was glad I went. I appreciate these women.

~ having fun entering things at the fair.  We went last Saturday for Caleb to drop off his baked goods.  Then we walked through the exhibits and found his craft entries.  He was so excited to see the ribbons on his entries.  Nearly everything he entered placed.  This week I have been dropping of my baked goods to be judged.  Today I am taking a pecan pie.  It's fun to enter and see the other entries and also to win a ribbon for some things too! 

~ getting a new iron.  It works so much better than the last one I'd bought.  I'm glad I could get a new one! 

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a great list of thanks. So happy you were blessed with rain. It is so dry in so many places. I sometimes enjoy dancing around in the rain - yes, even at my age :)