Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Join us for Thankful Thursday during August over at Grace Alone with Iris.

Today I am thankful for...

~ my helpful husband.  Yesterday when he got home he told me to let me know how he could help me cause he knew I had several things that needed to get done.  One of those was taking a few towels off the clothes line outside.  This morning I noticed he had folded them all as well besides just taking them down.  He is always doing things to help me and brightens my days!

~ the fun days of summer with my boy.  I just loved having his help Tuesday when we went to run errands.  We have fun together, and he makes me smile!  I told my husband how I will miss him greatly in a few weeks when he is back in school. 

~ talking and remembering our first baby together as a family.  I had a miscarriage the year before we had Caleb.  My due date was August 6, hard to believe it has been 9 years. 

~ those men and women who serve our communities in law enforcement.  I have heard of two situations this week that have made me thankful for those who serve and sometimes give their lives in the line of duty.

~ singing songs of praise.  It is uplifting to sing or listen to music!

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Heather Hart said...

What a wonderful list of thankfulness!

Michele Williams said...

Such a sweet thankful post. You never forget a child you will one day meet in heaven. Mother's Day is a bittersweet time. I too lost a child 31 years ago Mother's Day. Thank you for your encouraging post and your prayers.