Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book: In Too Deep

Today I would like to share with you a book called In To Deep by Mary Connealy.  I have read several books by this author and looked forward to reading this book that is Book 2 of her new series called "The Kincaid Brides."

I had not read Book 1 but was able to pick up on the characters and story fairly easily.  Rafe and Julia are already married as this book begins.  Audra ends up marrying Ethan, another of the Kincaid brothers, at the start of this story.  Audra is a young widow with two baby girls.  It is really a marriage of convenience that quickly turns to love. Trouble soon comes because some bad guys are trying to find some money stolen by Audra's dead first husband.  The trouble is Audra doesn't know where the money is located.  Ethan is afraid to let himself care for Audra because he doesn't want to be hurt.      

One of the themes I liked with this book was the idea of facing fears.  Ethan had fears because of childhood events that had held him trapped as an adult.  Audra did not feel she was brave, yet when the need arose she stood up to protect her loved ones.  I have read several other reviews of this book that did not really like how quickly the marriage of convenience turned to the two actually being in love.  Personally, I thought this was a nice change from other books I have read when it takes practically the whole book for the two to fall in love as you expect will eventually  happen.   

This book was provided to me by Bethany House Publishers for my review.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: