Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm so excited December is here (although November sure did fly by quickly).  I love this time of year, remembering the special memories from previous years and making new memories together as a family.  This year I'm particularly excited to be in our home and get to decorate!  Last year we didn't move all our stuff in until December 27.  We were actually here on Christmas morning (we'd moved our beds so we could wake up here on Christmas morning), but it will be our first year to decorate here.  We have the tubs down from the attic, and I've looked through some of the decorations.  I'm not sure when we will put it up  yet! 

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband asking me to marry him 11 years ago on December 2. ;)

~ my boy's excitement over his time at the deer lease last weekend.  His Pawpaw gave him the bb gun he'd bought when Caleb was born.  I loved taking pictures as he figured out how to use it and then tried it out.  It was special for me to observe and to see his Daddy and uncles be part of the time too. 

~ being able to volunteer at the school.  I go to the library on Monday afternoons.  This week I took down her Thanksgiving posters and book displays and put up Christmas decorations.  It was fun for me. 

~ all the family we got to see over Thanksgiving and safe travel while we were on the roads.

~ our warm coats.  I was reminded this morning on the radio of how there are many who don't have warm coats to put on each morning.

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed this thankful post. Hope you are blessed with a very happy Anniversary tomorrow. I love you my friend.

tammi said...

Beautiful thankful list! So many blessings. Have fun decorating your home for the holidays for the first time!!

Judith C Evans said...

Thank you for he reminder that so many people need coats this season. Lovely TT list!