Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: The Mercy


I was happy to be able to review The Mercy by Beverly Lewis.  I've been reading books by this author for many years!  This is the third book in The Rose Trilogy.  I have read all three books, I don't believe I posted reviews here though. 

In this book we have several story lines.  The main character, Rose, who is starting to feel she will be single all her life until she meets a boy from another district. 

Rose's sister, Hen, is living back at home along with her Englisher husband and their daughter.  They were separated because of differences they had encountered in their lives when Hen missed her Amish lifestyle, and then he came to live with Hen after he was in a car accident and lost his vision.

Another storyline of the book is Mamm and her impending surgery for her pain she's lived with for many years. 

I enjoyed this book as I did the others in this series.  However, I did feel it had an abrupt ending.  Some of the story seemed to be so drawn out and then it just seemed to end too quickly. 

I received this book from Bethany House Publishers for my honest review. 

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Thanks for the review. I've been recuperating from surgery at our sie to sters' retirement residence and they have some of Lewis' books in the library. I read the five books in the Abram's Daughters series, another series of three books, one of which was the Shunning, and another series of two. I still have three other books on my shelf! I've enjoyed them. I think my only complaint is that you do have to begin at the beginning of a series to maintain the full sense of the story. I know that here we don't have complete sets of all of the series.

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Nice blog!