Friday, August 26, 2011

Book review: The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional

Are you familiar with author Stormie Omartian?  She has written several books on prayer.  I was given The Power of a Praying Wife before I got married.  Now she has a new book called The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional which I would like to share with you today.

This is a book of 100 devotionals on a variety of topics related to marriage.  Each one has a verse, a short writing, and then a prayer.  They are about 2 pages each, so it does not take much time to read each one.  There are prayers for the wife, the husband, and the couple.  This is a book that you can pick up and read all the way through or choose certain prayers about a particular area that applies to your current life situation. 

I really enjoyed reading this book and recommend it to you.  There is power in prayer a,nd we need to be constantly praying about our marriages.  This book is a great guide to help you do that in a new way and pray about areas you may not have considered previously.

Thank you to Harvest House publishers for providing me a review copy for my honest review. 

Have a day of blessings!
 

1 comment:

heididh33 said...

I've heard great things about this books. I recently picked up 'Power of a Praying Parent' but haven't opened it yet. It's on my list of things to do while waiting on little guy once work slows down. :)