Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This has been an interesting week for us! With Monday being a holiday, both my boys were home. We had a nice relaxing day together. Then Tuesday most of the day I was at the hospital because my cousin had surgery. And I got sick in the waiting room (so embarrassing!). I had donated blood, and it was close to lunch time. I think I should have donated closer to when I ate breakfast or waited till after I'd eaten lunch. I felt kinda "blah" Wednesday morning too, probably a little dehydrated because I felt better after having some juice and Powerade. And it has been raining and flooding. I didn't realize how much rain we were receiving around us until I saw it on the news reports.

What are you thankful for this week? Here is my thankful list for this week:
~ my amazing husband. Oh I love him so much! We were able to go out to eat (just us) at On the Border (love their chips and salsa!) Monday night with a gift card my Dad gave us for our anniversary. I enjoyed our time together.

~ my sweet boy and being able to hear his stories and questions. I like to hear him talk and figure out how his little mind works!

~ the rain and safety while driving in it.

~ a successful surgery for my cousin. He had to have a kidney removed. He is in the hospital for a couple days of recovery before he goes home. It was interesting to hear the doctor talk about the surgery afterwards and what they had done. I'm thankful for that knowledge doctors have and our amazing bodies that can heal after such a surgery.

~ God's timing and answers to prayers.

Have a day of blessings!

10 comments:

pam said...

Thankful in the midst of life happenings...great post!

A Faithful Journey said...

Love quiet moments with my hubby. Since becoming a mother, I treasure them now more than ever!

Happy TT! You can visit my TT Post at: http://bookandyarn.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I love eating alone with my hubby! :) Glad you both enjoyed it! Glad your cousin is okay too! Blessings!

Michele Williams said...

I'm sorry you were not feeling well. I pray you are feeling better today. Great Thankful post too!

Thank you for your card and encouragement. It was greatly appreciated.

Blessings

Angel said...

I gave blood once and was wiped out!! I got so sick, I am scared to do it again!!

Thankful for your cousins surgery going well.

Chips and salsa - YUM!! My favorite!!

Love and Blessings

Krista said...

Wonderful list of things to be thankful for :-)

Happy Anniversary!

Cindy said...

Great list Bethany, you have so much to be thankful for.

Hugs!

Misty said...

Great post, there is always something to be thankful for :)

Blessings,
Misty

susansspace said...

Great thankful list!
Hope the weather's fine where you are, & that you're not in the flooding or tornado area.
Have a blessing-filled weekend!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Thankful Thursday!
Sorry your week started off so rough. Sounds like it was full of blessings, though. Rejoicing that your cousin is doing so well.