Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2010 Book #28 : Shades of Blue

Looks like this week will be the week of book reviews on my blog!

I borrowed the audio version of Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury from our library and finished it last week.

Brad Cutler and Laura James are about to be married. They are weeks away from their dream wedding actually. Brad begins to have some unsettling feelings though....not about his love for Laura or his decision to marry her but rather about some things he has carried with him from his past. He decides he has to go back and deal with his past and seek forgiveness from his high school love, Emma Landon.
Since I listened to the audio version, I would also like to add that the narrator did a wonderful job with this book. I enjoyed listening to her as she used many different voices for the various characters.

I was touched by this book as I always am when I read a book by Karen Kingsbury. I always appreciate the life lessons that any reader can take away from her books. In this particular book she takes a very difficult topic and addresses it so well from both the woman and man's perspectives. I am happy to recommend this book to you. If you have never read a book by this author, you really should!

Have a day of blessings!


2 comments:

Denise said...

Good review.

Loren said...

Isn't she just the best author! I haven't ever read a book by her that isn't just amazing!

Love and Hugs!