Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Special Birthday Edition!

On Thursday, August 12, 2004 our lives changed forever at 11:27 a.m. when our son was born. I could never have dreamed of all the ways he would have blessed our lives.

Today our sweet son turns 6 years old. The time has passed so quickly. "Six" doesn't seem as hard for Mommy to say as it was to get used to saying five!

Caleb,
I love that you are so sweet and caring. I love that you are silly and make me laugh. I love that you are sensitive and know when Mommy needs a hug. I love that you look up to your Daddy so much and that you two are so close. I love that you sing and hum, hearing you makes my heart smile. I love that you help me when I ask you to do something. I love that you tell people yes when they ask you if you are ready for school to start. I love that the one thing you have been most excited about turning six is being able to get your very own library card. I love that you still give me snuggles and sweet hugs and kisses in the mornings. I love that feeling of holding your hand in mine as we walk into a store together. I love that you love Jesus. I love that you care about other people. I love that you like to go by and look at our old house. I love that you love books. I love that you have your preferences on your clothing. I love you!
I am so thankful for you. You are such a blessing to us. Happy birthday!
Love,
Mommy

Thanks for stopping in today on Thankful Thursday!

Have a day of blessings!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy birthday to your precious son! I pray that his day is full of absolute delight!

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

susansspace said...

Oh, Bethany, that is about the sweetest, most tender post I've ever read! How blessed Caleb is to have you as his Mommy!

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, CALEB!

P.S. That was about the neatest birthday cake EVER! Ya'll should go into the cake designing business! S: )

Whidbey Woman said...

Enjoy the memories of your pregnacy and birthing experience, and reflections of the past 6 years! So much to be thankful for!
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."~ Psalms 127:3-5 ESV

Loren said...

Happy birthday to you sweet Caleb! Have a wonderful day celebrating HIM :)

Love and Hugs to you!

Nana Jul said...

What a joy Caleb is to your heart...Celebrate everyday!
Happy TT.
Julie

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh Happy Birthday Caleb. I hope your day is filled with love, joy, laughter and mounds of fun.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to dear Caleb.