Monday, June 7, 2010

Marriage Monday: Our Honeymoon Memories

First Monday of every month at Chrysalis


It's time once again! Our Marriage Monday community is meeting today at Chyrsalis. This month's topic is "Our Honeymoon Memories."

I'm late getting my post up today because earlier when I tried I could not get into blogger and tonight we had tball. Oh well!

Our wedding reception seemed to go so quickly and before we knew it we were told it was time to go change and leave on our honeymoon. I had packed my shoes so I left the reception barefoot! We drove away and made our first stop at what had been my apartment and where we were going to live. We cut the string of cans off the car and wiped off some of the shaving cream decorations before we continued on our way. We picked up supper at the drive through at KFC. I'm not sure why we picked that place. It makes us laugh now to think of because neither of us really love it! Since we were heading to South Padre Island, we stopped for the first night part way down the road and stayed the night at a Best Western. The next morning we left and continued to South Padre. We got stopped on the way by a police man too! He said the "Just Hitched" on our window blocked our view. We didn't get a ticket.

For our honeymoon we stayed at a nice bed and breakfast. It was a beautiful home on the bay. Our room was so cute too. I remember how small the bathroom felt too. The breakfasts were so yummy. I'm not typically someone to eat a big breakfast but it was really good there. One thing I remember was the tomato and cheese omelet.

We went to ride horses along the beach. It was a fun experience. I didn't know what I was doing on a horse! We went to Schiltterbahn one day. It had just recently opened there at South Padre. The other thing I remember is being sunburned! We both had really bad sunburns, it was rather miserable!

Our honeymoon was just right for us. We enjoyed being together and alone. It was a great start to our marriage (except the sunburn part).

I hope we can go back there some time too.

Have a day of blessings!

7 comments:

Susannah said...

Pulled over by a policeman? How cute... good thing he had a sense of humor, and decided not to give you a ticket!

Oops, sorry you forgot the sunblock.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time overall. Thanks for sharing your honeymoon memories with us today, Bethany. ღ

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing sweetie.

Joyfull said...

Thanks for sharing some beautiful memories. I enjoyed reading them! Blessings to you.

Loren said...

Awww so sweet Bethany! Hate that you got sunburned...just added to the memories right! Here is our funny memory! My husband didn't pack socks! He got married in the that wedding garb and those shoes but with NO SOCKS!!! HE WAS SOOO READY TO CHANGE CLOTHES LOL

Have a blessed day my friend!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Left bare foot, cute:)

Your police man story was funny.

I love bed and breakfasts! Sounded lovely:)

tonya said...

Thanks for sharing, Bethany!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

eph2810 said...

Oh those sunburns are awful. I had plenty in my life-time. Too bad it happened on your honeymoon.

Sounds like you had a great time though :) - KFC - hm, interesting.

Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us.