Sunday, May 23, 2010

2010 Book #21: Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman



At our library book sale, I found the audio version of Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Dr. Ross Campbell. Being a fan of his book The Five Love Languages, this is one I've wanted to read. Since I like audio books now I was glad to find it and get it for a quarter. It was new, still in the package too.


I listened to this book last week and really enjoyed it just as I expected. I liked listening from the approach of a parent. We all have different ways to give and receive love. This is true of us as parents and also of our children. When we learn each other's language, we will be able to give love in a way that they understand and will meet their need for love. The five love languages are:


  • Words of affirmation
  • Quality time
  • Receiving gifts
  • Acts of service
  • Physical touch

If you are a parent I recommend this book to you.



Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wonderful review.