Sunday, December 20, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers: Week #51

We are now to the week we celebrate Christmas. We've been looking forward to this week!

Here is the verse for this week. It is Proverbs 30:5:

"Every word of God is flawless, he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

Please let me know if you have any prayer requests. Also please join me in saying a prayer for these this week:

~ those missing a loved one this holiday season. Many I know are going through their first Christmas without a family member and this is a very hard time.

~ college graduates. My cousin graduated on Saturday so I'm praying for her and other college graduates as they move on to another phase of their lives now.

~ holiday travelers.

Have a day of blessings!



3 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful passage! I am going to write that one down!

Hope you have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas!
Karen

Debbie Petras said...

Bethany, please continue to pray for my sister Christine. Although her eye seemed to have much improvement, at her latest visit to the surgeon he told her not to expect any more improvement. She still cannot see but shadows out of her eye. Thankfully, she is able to drive with a special permit but she was hoping and praying for more.

May I also add a request that Christine and her husband find a church family. She is very inconsistent in this area. I found out that she lives about a mile away from Melanie of Mella Bella, who just lost her son Andrew. (pray for this family too). I looked up her church and sent my sister some info about this church so I pray that she might attend Sunday services. It's close to her house.

I so appreciate your loving heart and how you pray. May the Lord bless you. Merry Christmas and much love to you,
Debbie

Denise said...

Joining you in prayer sweetie, love you.