Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Entitlement or Riches

Today we are meeting at Spiritually Unequal Marriage (I misspell unequal every time!) for Thankful Thursday and this week's theme is "Entitlement or Riches."

This struck me as I was reading Lynn's post....."Sometimes we can become overwhelmed with our current circumstances and forget the riches right before our eyes."

Has this every happened to you? I'm sure it has at some point. It's easy to forget how much we have when we're focusing only on the things we think we deserve or the things we don't have at the time. Lynn goes on to write that a way to combat those feelings God's way is to serve. What ways do you have of serving others?

This week I am thankful for many things. Here is my list:

~ sweet words of my husband. This week on the phone it made me smile for him to say I was a blessing. It makes me smile now to think of him telling me that.

~ good reports from school of our sweet boy. When he was put in the car Wednesday afternoon the lady told me he got nominated again. This is his third time. He said this time was for doing what he was supposed to be doing in the lunch room. It makes my heart happy! He gets to choose a prize of a tattoo or a free meal at Chick fil a when he's nominated. He picks chicken. :)

~ my dental appointment on Tuesday...no root canal needed. You can read about it in the post before this one.

~ our wonderful day together at home on Monday without work or school. It was so nice to do things with Caleb from our "before school" routine, like "book nook."

~ the cool weather. It was chilly this weekend and we needed jackets. I love getting comfortable in my robe and fuzzy socks!

Hope your week has been blessed. Thanks for stopping by today! You are special.

(Also I'm having a book giveaway--Gary Chapman's The Marriage You've Always Wanted, check out this post to find out more and to be entered.)

Have a day of blessings!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Lots to be thankful for... when you have the right heart before God! Good job girl.

The quote you mentioned at the beginning struck me as well...

Many blessings!
Amanda

Debbie said...

You have a wonderful list of blessings. Thanks for sharing them. Have a wonderful day...Debbie

i said...

Thank goodness he chose chicken over the tattoo :-) Really enjoyed your post. Happy TT!

Denise said...

Such wonderful blessings.

Karen said...

I'm glad you and Caleb enjoyed your day off! Such a beautiful time of year. God bless you. Thanks for a great post.

Debra Kaye said...

I love your thankful heart! Thank you for sharing your blessings with us!

Hugs to you!

susansspace said...

Loved your list! You're special, too!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Susan

Unknown said...

Oh Bethany,

I just see Jesus in your words and heart each time I visit here.

You are good. You are on the right path and you honor Jesus with your thankful heart. I love you girl

See you again on Thursday. Hugs.