Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dentists!

Is going to the dentist on your list of favorite places to go? Mine either! I have never been afraid of dentists because of the wonderful care I received as a child. I'm so thankful for this. I know many people who dread dentist visits, and I'm glad I don't have this fear.

However, as an adult I have not been careful about keeping up with teeth cleanings and exams. When I went in September, some problems were found. The main one was one tooth needed a crown and a possible root canal. That appointment was on Tuesday. They had told me the dentist was very gentle and it wouldn't hurt, but I was still nervous about what to expect. I'd been praying I wouldn't need the root canal. He started the procedure and stopped after a bit, and I heard him say he wasn't having to do the root canal. I can't tell you how thankful this made me! As I was paying as I left the girl told me at least you didn't have to gave the root canal. I agreed and told her I'd prayed I wouldn't.

So a day early for Thankful Thursday I had to express my thankfulness that....
1. I'm not afraid of dentists.
2. I didn't have to have a root canal.
3. We have dental insurance.
4. And we don't have loan or vehicle debt so the part insurance doesn't pay we are able to cover.
5. My husband supporting me through this. It's his turn next.

How do you feel about dentists and oral health? Do you brush twice a day and floss once a day?

**Remember to look at the previous post for a book giveaway!

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I really detest dentists and am only okay about my dental health, but thankfully I have pretty strong enamel or something because I don't have a lot of tooth issues. Emmy has inherited her daddy's weak teeth and that has made us really have to be on the ball with her brushing.

susansspace said...

I don't know of anyone who actually LIKES going to the dentist, but keeping up with regular care is so important! I'm glad you didn't have to have a root canal! I've had 4, & they aren't alot of fun. Sometimes, it's needed to preserve a tooth, so we do what we have to do.
Daily brushing & flossing (my preferences are Prevadent & Dental tape) are the best ways to avoid cavities & sensitivities.

Denise said...

Sweetie, bless your heart. I do not like dentist either.

Bethany said...

I have never minded going to the dentist either. But...I have not gone in years. I am very hesitant to go now. There are certain teeth involving wisdom that need to come out. Yuck.