Saturday, October 3, 2009

Recipe: Taco Bake

This week I made Taco Bake for our supper one night. It was very easy and had such a good flavor. It was different from other casseroles I've made, and we enjoyed the change. I plan to make it again somtime. It is from the Taste of Home cookbook and I found it to copy and paste from their website.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup water
1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 package (8 ounce) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided


Directions:
In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain. Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in macaroni, chilies and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.

You can view the recipe and a picture at Taste of Home.


Have a day of blessings!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

This sounds so yummy!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Looks good!

Amanda said...

That sounds great Bethany!!! Thank you for sharing this!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Denise said...

Yummy in my tummy.

susansspace said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to give it a try! S: )

Debbie Petras said...

I printed this one and I'm going to make it. It sounds good and my hubby loves Mexican food. Thanks Bethany.

Debbie Petras said...

I wanted to tell you that I made this for dinner last night. Greg loved it and said to keep this one for future making. So it was a hit in the Petras household. Thank you Bethany for sharing this recipe. :)