Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Undeserved Kindness

It's time again for Thankful Thursday! I hope you're having a good day. The week has felt fast for me and Tuesday I thought it was Monday because of the holiday. Join us for Thankful Thursday this month at Women Taking a Stand.

Our theme today is undeserved kindness. How long has it been since you did something for someone as a surprise to them, maybe without them even knowing who did it? I've been on both the receiving and giving end of such surprises. It is so fun to brighten someone's day. What's fun about it is that it doesn't even have to be giving something big. It can be something as simple as waiting the extra couple of seconds to hold open a door for someone who has their hands full. I've had some of these passed on to me this week...one that comes to mind is a pretty bookmark in the mail from a friend. Try to find ways today to surprise people with kindness.



This week I'm thankful for...




~ my sweet husband coming home with roses. Here is a picture for you. He knew I was frustrated and disappointed about some things. I told him his calling me had helped, he didn't have to get me flowers. But it was really sweet! The little sign hanging on the wall in the background of this picture says "Happiness is being married to your best friend." It always makes me smile when I see it because it's true.





~ my little fire fighter! The other day after school he got into his "full gear" and full fire fighter mode. I have missed having him playing through the house when he's at school, and I just loved hearing and seeing him play fire fighter. Here are his pants pushed down around his boots (like real fire fighters do) as he is "sleeping" waiting for the alarm to ring.

~ cooler weather. Maybe I said this last week but we had a nice cool breeze this afternoon that felt just wonderful! It makes me excited for fall.

~ comfort the Lord gives. Last week's Thankful Thursday was about "slow down." Tonight our family Bible lesson was about God resting on the 7th day. This afternoon as I was reading a devotional book it was also about rest.

~ food to eat. My heart has been touched by seeing the faces of those who come to the food pantry for food. They can come once a month so it is a new group each week. I'm thankful for programs to assist those who need it and thankful that our family has food to eat.


"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work." Genesis 2:2

Be thankful!
Have a day of blessings!

13 comments:

Denise said...

Such special blessings my friend, love you.

Kristi said...

I always look forward to reading your TT posts! Your roses are beautiful; what a thoughtful husband. Your little darling is so precious with the boots and pants all ready to jump into action. I'm sorry that you had some dissapointments and frustrations this week. You are such a faithful prayer warrior for our daughter, is there some way that I can pray for you too?

LAURIE said...

Bethany ... thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us today. Loved the picture of the yellow boots! Reminded me of when my son (who is grown now) was about 4 or 5...he wore these rubber boots everywhere and it was not uncommon to see him running around the house in his underwear and those boots! Anyway your picture brought back that sweet memory to me. Thanks. Happy TT!

Debbie Petras said...

I've told you before but it's worth repeating. YOu have such a thankful heart Bethany. And I love how your son is learning that through your example and teachings.

Shelby said...

I just love your list -- it made me feel all warm and happy inside. And your little guy's firefighter stuff -- that is just too cute for words!

Jerralea said...

I'm thankful for cooler weather, too.

How nice of your hubby to send roses to cheer you up!

Love the photo of your fire fighter's boots ready to jump in!

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

What a delightful post filled with your heart. Your husband is a good man and your little guy.... to cute. TOO CUTE.

I have prayed for you, the little man and school today. Know this, God has it in hand. I will write you sometime tomorrow.

Love you so much. God bless, Lynn

Jennsmere said...

Hi Bethany...stopped by to say hello! I enjoyed reading you post for TT. Your thankful heart is an encouragement to me!

Bless you, sweetie,
Susan

i said...

The red roses are so lovely! That's so sweet of your husband. Your little fire fighter sounds so adorable! Remain blessed!

Marsha said...

I know I've said it before, but I'm thankful for you and the undeserved kindness you show my Mom every week. She really enjoys your cards and letters and the pictures you send. You are a blessing! Thank you, thank you!

Nancie said...

"Happiness is being married to your best friend." You are truly blessed to be married to such a loving and thoughtful husband! The roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God continue to bless you and family!

susansspace said...

What a sweet & thoughtful hubby you have! I'm sure his unexpected act of encouragement meant as much to you as the pretty flowers!
Loved your picture of Caleb's ready pants & boots, too!
Have a blessed weekend!
S: )

Amanda said...

Such cute pictures Bethany!!! Love those little firefighter boots!

Many blessings-
Amanda