Tuesday, September 22, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian home keepers (September)

Welcome to "As long as it is called Today" as we encourage one another as Christian home keepers. I hope you will join me each week on Tuesdays as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.


Here is a link to the answer to last week's question.



Today's question: Today is the first day of fall! Do you decorate your house for fall? What special things do you do in your home to give it a touch of fall?

My answer: I have a few decorations I put out but not many. I enjoy finding new little things to hang or sit on the counter. I have painted wooden fall leaves that I hang. I have some pumpkins too that I sit out. I want to get a little scarecrow for the door. I love to see the cute fall decorations out in the stores.

I look forward to your ideas.

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I've never been much of a seasonal decorator, my mom was. My boys did recently ask if we could get some things so I'll probably let them pick out a few things! For art I'm going to have them draw some fall pictures and we'll paint with leaves and we'll hang those up.

Bethany said...

I'm really bad about decorating for fall, but I do love some pumpkins on my big front porch. And we always make a table decoration from gourds, fall leaves, and acorns. I let the kids put it all together and leave it. It's always fun to see what they think is beautiful.

I'd love to see a picture of your leaves. Those sound fun.

Karen said...

Hey Bethany! My husband and I both appreciate your kind comments about his story "Raisin Cane." I will be doing a post as soon as I get his story in pdf form letting everyone know it's available for download if they want a copy. My husband is such a talented writer. I have been encouraging him for a long time to write children's stories. As far as if he writes any more, he said it would probably depend on the response to "Raisin Cane." I know he was greatly encouraged by your comments about his story and you asking if he has written or would be writing any more. I truly hope that he continues to write.

So how are you doing? I hope you are doing well!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen

Denise said...

I put out a few decorations, like pumpkins, scarecrows, and seasonal candles.