Tuesday, September 1, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian women/men (September)


Welcome to "As long as it is called Today" as we encourage one another as Christians. I hope you will join me each week on Tuesdays as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.

Here is a link to last week's post.

Today's question: What is your favorite hymn and why?
My answer: I have many favorites but one in particular is "Because He Lives." This song encourages me every time we sing it. I don't know how many times we've sung this on a Sunday morning, and it touched me and brought peace to my heart to know that I don't have to worry about what's happening tomorrow or next week because HE lives.
I look forward to reading your answers to this question! Thanks for participating!

6 comments:

Denise said...

There are so many hymns that I love, but my favorite is Amazing Grace. His grace overwhems my heart, I love Him so much.

David C Brown said...

JESUS, my Saviour, Thou art mine
by James George Deck (1802-1884)


1 JESUS, my Saviour, Thou art mine,
The Father's gift of love divine;
All Thou hast done, and all Thou art
Are now the portion of my heart.

2 Poor, feeble, wretched, as I am,
I now can glory in Thy name;
Now cleansed in Thy most precious blood
And made the righteousness of God.

3 All that Thou hast, Thou hast for me;
All my fresh springs are hid in Thee;
In Thee I live; while I confess
I nothing am, yet all possess.

4 O Saviour, teach me to abide
Close sheltered at Thy wounded side,
Each hour receiving "grace on grace"
Until I see Thee face to face.

That's what first came to mind - perhaps another will be favourite tomorrow!

Musings of A Minister said...

Your favorite is a great one. I can't pick one right now because I have so many that I like. It's a shame we don't sing hymns much anymore.

Kristi said...

I have so many faves....I think it just depenpds on the season we are in. Righ now, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" would rate at the top. Thank you so much for praying for our daughter and for displaying the button. What a blessing to see it on your blog today!

Amydeanne said...

it is well is my favorite hymn mostly b/c my grandfather sang it and I can still hear it in my head. I get emotional b/c the words mean so much.

my all time favorite is probably still amazing grace though!

sister sheri said...

In the Garden

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing

I'd stay in the garden with Him
'Tho the night around me be falling
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling
And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

- Words and Music by Charles Austin Miles, 1913