Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

What are you thankful for today? Leave a comment or join us for Thankful Thursday at Spiritually Unequal Marriage today. I enjoyed reading Lynn's list of being thankful for the simple.
This week I've been thinking of little things, simple things, I've been thankful for that I don't want to take for granted like.....
~ my husband putting the garbage cans on the curb before he goes to work.
~ my son singing songs throughout the day and being able to hear him.
~ being able to go watch a baseball game with ease with my family and see little boys have fun playing. I read a post by my little friend Anderson's Mom of how she longed for him to be recovered from his last surgery so he could run and play so it made me thankful for what I do have.
~ feeling good. My back has been hurting this week so it made me thankful for being in good health and not having much pain in my life.
~ looking at old photographs.

Have a good day. It is good to give thanks every day and I love pausing on Thursdays with others to be thankful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

11 comments:

Karen said...

I guess I hadn't thought about being thankful for my hubby taking the trash can to the curb on trash days. But you know what, I am really thankful that he does that! And I am thankful that he takes the trash out to the trash can throughout the week too!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Karen

Lauren said...

so great to be thankful for the simple things!:)

Ronel said...

Great thankful list... :o)

Karen said...

Thank you for your sweet comment about my blog being soothing and welcoming to you. I just really appreciate you sharing that with me because it lets me know how my blog comes across to people as far as the look is concerned. Thanks so much!

Have a great day!
Karen

Debbie Petras said...

I always enjoy stopping by your blog and especially on thankful Thursdays. Love you Bethany.

Grammy said...

That is so wonderful. A healthy family is is the best blessing a person could ask for. I am glad you are feeling better. Happy TT

Bethany said...

Love this post. It's a great reminder of all the little things that can be easily overlooked.

I'm thankful for laughter.

Marsha said...

I hope your back gets to feeling better real soon!

Michele is finally home about an hour ago.

Blessings.

Denise said...

Praying for your back to feel much better, love you.

eph2810 said...

You are right - we often take some things for grated, like good health (I know I do). Sweet that your son sings throughout the day :) ...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Karen said...

Praise Him, morning, noon, and night!! So much to be thankful for.