Friday, June 19, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This.....Moment #6


Today I'm linking with Pam for You're Gonna Miss This...moment.

On Tuesday this week Caleb and I were walking into HEB to do our grocery shopping. As we got out of the car and walked to get a buggy, I felt his hand clasped securely in mine. I felt myself getting tears in my eyes as I thought to myself, "how many more times will we have this?" We go grocery shopping every two weeks and I know time is coming close when my boy will be in school. I really love going grocery shopping with Caleb. We have fun together and he always makes me grin when he can spot a fire fighter down any aisle it seems! We seem to always end up at HEB when the fire fighters are shopping and Caleb always tells them hello.


I could look at a calendar and count how many more Tuesday shopping trips we have, but instead I decided to just enjoy that moment, that feeling that little hand in mine and having my little helper along for the grocery shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." I Corinthians 3:16, 17

7 comments:

Denise said...

You are such a great mom.

Mocha with Linda said...

Sweet moment and thoughts!

sister sheri said...

Yes, a time to savor!

Mom Of Many said...

Visiting from Pam's blog...and a little secret from an old, old mom...you sound like a very tender-hearted mommy - just keep talking and listening to your precious Caleb and by spending lots of time with him he will keep holding your hand when you shop...truly...our oldest son is getting married this coming Friday and he still holds my hand...never even stopped when he was a teenager.....really! It's possible! My husband is going to be his best man too. So savor the moments and spending time - there will be tons more! I think so many parents think that as their kids "grow" they need to "let go" (which is true) BUT investing your time will ensure the relationship... (promise!) ~Linny
PS I know you don't know me, so I hope that didn't come across as too bold. Just a little thought from a long-time mom of many.

Momma said...

I have to agree with Linny, it's possible that it won't ever stop! My own experience is that my precious daughter (you), always grabbed my arm in the link of my elbow when we shopped, it still gives me that "feeling" to think about it!

Pam said...

this is a very sweet, sweet moment. i am so glad you shared it with us. i hope that what linny says comes true for you, but i would say that they are the exception to the rule! i have a hard time getting ANY of my kids to hold my hand anymore! they all want to be independent and free! perhaps it has more to do with the heart of the child than anything else. sorry it took me so long to come over and read, what a busy weekend! thanks for joining me again!

Amanda said...

HOw sweet and touching... I love my little boys!

God bless-
Amanda