Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Your Father's Eyes

Today our hostess, Laurie at Women Taking a Stand, has chosen "Your Father's Eyes" for our theme for Thankful Thursday.

I'm not sure I have my Dad's eyes, but two things that did come to mind that I have like him: his laugh and his thumb. We both have thumbs that bend far back (like when you're doing a thumbs-up sign) instead of just being straight up. I'm thankful for my Dad. When I was a kid he was my Sunday School teacher for a time. I remember him telling us in class the importance of reading the Bible everyday, even as kids so we'd be in the habit of reading from God's word daily as we grew. That has stuck with me through the years.

I'm thankful we have a Heavenly Father who gave us His Word to show us Him and His truth and love.

Other things I'm thankful for this week:
~ my wonderful husband and the wonderful Daddy he is to our son. He does bath time every night and teaches him so many things.

~ my thoughtful son. He made me smile with his gift he wanted to get Daddy. We were at Dollar Tree getting some gift bags and he saw a nail care kit. He asked if we could get it for Daddy, then maybe he wouldn't have to go back to the foot doctor anymore. We both thought that was very thoughtful! (Hubby had ingrown toenails removed last month and had a problem with one so had to return to the doctor.)

~ emails from my Mom. I was gone last week and she was gone part of this week to a conference. Now we're both back and I like getting emails from her again.

~ air conditioning! It is such a blessing to come in to a cool home.

~ feeling like I'm almost caught up. All week I've felt like I've just been getting done the basics that I need to do with laundry on Monday and Tuesday, grocery shopping on Tuesday, plus getting our stuff ready for Father's Day. This morning we made cookies for Caleb's t-ball coaches and I ironed after that. I realized as we were eating lunch I felt relaxed again! Hooray!

What are you thankful for this week? Please join us and share!
~~~~~~~~
"The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love." Psalm 103:8

6 comments:

Auntie Q said...

Sweet post! Love the story about your son!

Debbie Petras said...

How glad I am that you are home again and caught up too. :) Cherish those emails from your mom. I really miss my mother. You are such a thankful person Bethany and a wonderful example to your son. May the Lord bless you.

Denise said...

Such a great thankful post my friend.

Grammy said...

Your post was a joy to read. I love the thumb part. As I have my real Dads feet. LOL.
Have a wonderful week.

Musings of A Minister said...

Great post. Yes, I did request the book from Tyndale. It seems like it didn't take too long to receive it after I made the request. It usually takes two to three weeks for me to receive books regardless of which publisher it is coming from.

sister sheri said...

I'm thankful for some super neighbors.