Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our weekend trip

Friday morning we left for San Antonio. We arrived about lunchtime so we stopped outside of Sea World for our lunch at one of our favorite BBQ places--Rudy's.


After lunch we headed down the road to Sea World!


I'd checked out the deals online and found they have a card called a "Fun Card," which was the same price as one-day admission You can use it to get in as many times as you want throughout 2009 which was what I was looking for because I knew we'd be going two days this weekend so we got one of those for both myself and Caleb. We got my hubby a season pass. It cost $25 more than the Fun Card, but we got free parking with it which by itself would have been $30 for both days plus 10% off the food and souvenir purchases in the park. So it was a good deal for us.

We started off at the dolphin tank feeding the dolphins. I loved the sweet smile on Caleb's face as he saw the dolphins up close.

Here is a cute little guy we saw eating a snack on the way to the aquarium.

Next Caleb rode the Shamu coaster a few times. He loved it last time we went and it was one of his favorites this time too! He is the kid in the middle card with the hands up (he's so brave, huh!).



Next we fed some ducks on the way to the Shamu show "Believe."



Here are a couple of pictures from "Believe." Caleb walked down, down, down the steps and we all got soaked! I had warned him we'd get wet!





We fed the ducks again and had some ice cream.


Caleb kept telling us he wanted to ride this big huge water ride. He rode it the first time with Daddy. One of the really nice things about going on Friday was there were virtually no lines for the rides. Then I rode it with him the second time. He loved it!

We all enjoyed the show with the seals, sea lions, otter, and walrus.





The park closed at 6 on Friday so we went to our hotel and then to eat at our favorite place Alamo Cafe.

Saturday morning we first went to the SAS factory. Last time we were in town we went, but it was really close to closing and we didn't get to look around so we wanted to go back. It is a general store and a fun place to browse. My husband has worn SAS shoes to work for several years. This time he got a new brown pair, a style he hasn't had before. They told us they just came out with tennis shoes, something they've not made before. I tried some on and they were SO comfortable. I ended up buying them with some of my birthday money. I told my husband how neat it was as we left to have the money to pay for the shoes. They aren't really cheap but we know they are good quality and will last. I had been needing a new pair of tennis shoes because mine were worn out and my foot's been hurting me lately. Anyway, I have a "clothing envelope" that I put cash into each pay day so we had the cash available to buy the new shoes...hooray for no credit cards!!

Then we went to the "boy store" (Home Depot in case you don't refer to it as a boy store!) for the kids workshop. Caleb has been to them each month and we had time so we went in San Antonio! He built a wheelbarrow flower planter for Mother's Day.

We headed back to Sea World after a quick lunch. Saturday was spent mostly playing and looking at the animals since we'd seen all the shows on Friday. We left Saturday night tired and worn out!



Sunday we checked out. They ended up giving us a $30 discount because for some reason housekeeping didn't clean our room anytime Saturday. It surprised us when we got back Saturday night to find the room as we'd left it and we'd never had trouble before at a LaQuinta. I was glad they gave us a discount though! We headed home and stopped also for a little shopping at an outlet mall.

Hope you have a great week ahead! Do you remember what we're doing on Monday??
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Loved this post as we were just there in March for our Spring Break. We all love San Antonio and the kids the Sea World is just about the best place on earth! :)

So glad you had a great time!

Alleluiabelle said...

It sounds and looks like you had lots and lots of fun! What a way to spend a weekend get-a-way of family time. I loved the pictures, especially the one with the big whale jumping high into the air and the one of Caleb feeding the ducks...sooo cute.

I had fun myself reading and looking at the pictures throughout your entire post!

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Debbie Petras said...

It sounds like a fun trip Bethany. I love how you were careful with the money too. I had a pair of SAS shoes years ago. They were the most comfortable shoes but not the best looking shoes. At the time I wore them I didn't care because I was on my feet all day and they were so comfortable. They made all the difference. I have friends who live in Boerne, TX which is just north of San Antonio. I've visited twice and enjoyed my time there.

Denise said...

Sounds like so much fun sweetie. I love dolphins.

Pamela said...

Sounds like a great trip!!

Musings of A Minister said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I'm pleased that you told us about it. Too bad you couldn't stay over Sunday and attend the Church of Christ and hear Max Lucado preach. I wish I could have been with you when you stopped at the BBQ place. ....I am now reading Higher Hope by Robert Whitlow. Face of Betrayal is on its way to me.

susansspace said...

Thank you for sharing your weekend trip with us! Loved the pictures..especially the one of Caleb feeding the ducks! (That's a cool cap!)
I really like that you plan ahead (as best you can), & are thrifty!
Blessings,
Susan

Kristi said...

How fun!
This brings back great memories of sea world with our girls too. What a delightful time you all had!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Amanda said...

What an amazing weekend!! You guys have so much energy!

God bless!
Amanda

Sarah said...

We did not have as good a time at Sea World as you did. I think the crowds had a lot to do with it. I will take your advice and go on a weekday next time.